Monday, November 1, 2010

Arrogance. Ignorance.

Damn its been a while since I've touched this blog..
June, July, August, September, October..
Its finally November!
5 months since my previous post.
And I'm wondering.. How is everyone?
If your reading this I'd love to catch up and know how you've been..
I know I haven't kept in contact with many others.. And I have no real good reason to excuse me for not doing so..
So drop me a msg? Or comment? Or msn? Twitter? Or simple! Facebook me.

Back to the title!


Wow..
Don't those two words just stick out like a sore thumb? Especially when you find these in someone we know?

Both have similarities yet their different..

Arrogance.
Definition : "Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities"

Ignorance.
Definition: "Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated"
(In this case, people who choose to be ignorant, intentional or not)

Hmm..
How to start this?

Think*
Thinking*
Still Thinking*

Okay let's just put it out..
Most of us, if not all of us.. kinda hates people who are arrogant and ignorant..
Let's not put hate.. Say dislike.
We generally don't have good vibes to someone who portrays an image of either of the two..

Similarities between them..
I'd have to say that their both quite negative attributes to one person.

Differences?.
Arrogance is more intentional than ignorance..

One can choose to be arrogant to people or not.. Simply by holding back his/her pride..
Ignorance on the other hand..
Well. Unintentionally.. One could just not know about something and say something that could accidentally get themselves into trouble.. Just by not knowing it.. (Regardless if they should have known or not)

If done intentionally, like purposefully ignored something and then not knowing what needs to be done and what's not supposed to be done.. Then its their fault.. And yes they deserve whatever punishment or treatment as they failed as a proper human to take in necessary things. Things that are essential to getting a job done right.

Arrogance..
Simple as the definition has said.
Basically. Pride.
Oh so filled with pride.
Who honestly can say they do not know a single person whom u can say is arrogant and full of pride?
There's always someone..

Its always understandable for everyone to have a little bit of that pride that comes up once in a while.. But I don't mind it and it isn't really a huge deal..

But those that constantly hammer people with their words.. Flaunting what they have.. Money, Appearances, Friends even Grades!
And worst of all.... Their "rights".. Their rights to always being right.. Ridiculous.

(I must admit at times I myself think I'm always right...)

Let's face it.. People like them.. What's really going on in their mind?
Do they have like some sick idea that their always better than everyone? I guess so.
Like the world needs to know how great I am and acknowledge them? I guess so too.

Many a times have I come so close to whacking some sense into people.. But have never.. Yet...

So to all those people..
Why do you think this way?
I mean honestly?
Do u like people thinking of you in a negative manner..
Do you like being above everyone?
Sure u could be the excellent at something.. But there's always someone better.
Does the response of "yeah yeah" from others not sound sarcastic? With a hint of "I don't wanna hear your bullshit"

If you realise that there's something wrong about you.. Well then its time to make an effort to change..
Try once in a while to keep something to yourself..
ESPECIALLY when a friend's really excited about something..
You don't have to always tell a story to be one up from your friend..
What are you trying to achieve? Honestly?
Making yourself look better? or being a douche by making him look bad..

Now let's move on to ignorance..
Okay I'll leave aside the unintentional ignorance bit..
Word of advice to those who get into trouble accidentally without knowing it.. Try ask more questions next time if your unsure of anything.. Safe then sorry right?

Those who choose to be ignorant..
We know your excuses..
"Its none of my business"
"Don't ask don't tell"
"I saw it but.. I cbb."

Bah list goes on..

Ignorance is bliss....
Sure. Definitely it is!
Until you actually need to know something.

I'm curious to why they like to know nothing about others..
Is it that they don't want to know so they don't have responsibility or liability of anysort?
That's so selfish though..
But it does show that no one really knows you..
If you don't take the time to know others, its likely you don't take the time to share with others..
Or worse. Time to get to know yourself..
which I guess could be a reason.. You don't know yourself that your doing such things..
Not knowing the repercussions of your actions.. Because you didn't think about it..

(Hmm.. I guess ignorance that's accidental could infact be intentional.. But not always done in a malice kind of manner as you might not know what you have done.. By not knowing) ahhhh mindfuck*

Oh man this is tough..

More specific things then..
Ignorant to others..
Not getting involved as you don't like responsibility..
If you don't like having responsibility.. How can u say you care for your friends?
It takes time and effort to look out for others.. And that definitely is a responsibility as a friend..
Even worse.. Your lovers.
Ignoring their needs = your grave.
Remember! Needs! Not wants! :)
I mean its both yours and his/her responsibility to look out for one another..
Keep them company when they need you.. Through the highs and lows..
You have to get involved in their life inorder to get anywhere..
Discussing the tough topics before going further on in a relationship.
If you don't respect those things u NEED to have.. Then it will never work.. Other than the basis of pure lust.. Then that's shallow.. Which means:
For a guy.. Your an Ass.
For a girl.. Well ur a bitch.
Put it in real terms.. Harsh but.. Its true..

See that's 1 great thing I don't get!
How can a guy be such a douche but still get the good girls (good as in just amazing girls.. Not just physically)
Fancy pancy cliche words.. Which mean nothing other than a trip to get a home run. -.-
Pisses me off so damn much.

I'm alittle off topic but stay with me here!

So is it the girl being ignorant to not see through the boys lies? Even after friends have told her otherwise?
Or is it just being blinded by love?

Tough topic. Up for discussion! Leave a comment on that!



Self-update.
Been 8 months in the army.. Feels like at least double that!
I want to go back to nz and outta this country! Its lacking something.. And I feel like I'm lacking something.

Don't get me wrong!
I'm extremely contempt with what I have here..
I have great friends,
I have fun on the weekends.
There's just the aspect of someone close that's missing..
Yeah I don't really need to say it to catch what I'm trying to show..

Hmm..
Somehow I always make this blog seem so sad and depressing..
The fact it! I am happy.. In many ways.. Minus the 1 on top I pointed out..
I feel like the only idiot that smiles in public transport..
And one of the few who actually have their heads up walking in public..
Its saddening! This whole country has people in such depressed moods.. Its hard not for it to be caught..
I realise something.. Where the hells the positivity in this place?
Why is there discrimination everywhere? Where's the encouragement or enlightenment of any sort?
Are we so work focused to not enjoy ourselves?
Countless of times I see people have a laugh one moment to a gloomy face right after..

Asian countries are depressing I tell you..
The term work things out with people like doesn't exist.. Its straight to conflict..
What happened to really trying? Even though your in such a heated situation. In the end it will turn out alright cause they want to understand one another.. And well.. Forgive and move on..
Because that's what true friends do.. They learn from one another.
Tolerance is needed.
Where is the tolerance?
All I see are people backstabbing one another because of 1 incident..
Complaining to one another..
Telling the world about how bad someone is..
I mean come one! 1 wrong doesn't make a right!
If you choose to do the same as the person who has wronged you..
Then you've sunked just as low as he/she has.. And your no better as a human.

We need to learn to be resistant to such bullshit in people.
Its inevitable that we will encounter someone who will piss the shit out of us.
But what counts is how we react to it..
And please don't give yourself excuses to why you can't control your temper.
Its a choice. YOUR choice.

And yeah..
I'm signing this off.

Leave me a comment!
On the top about how things have been!
Also the discussion about ignorance in love..
and the things I pointed out at the end!

Please leave some feedback!
if not! Some topics :D

Cheers all,
Ash
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge